Successful outdoor furniture store is seeking an Accountant to join their team!
The accountant position will be reporting to the company CEO and CFO, will maintain and oversee daily financial management strategy, will oversee receivables, payables, general ledgers, and monthly financial reconciliation.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Manage US and Mexican payroll processes.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by assisting in the implementation of internal controls.
- Understand and coordinate tax reporting.
- Human Resources compliance and coordination with benefits providers and other vendors.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and is eager to pursue continued professional development.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent self-troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Willingness to take initiative and find a better way
- Highly Skilled in Microsoft Office 365
- English/Spanish Bi-lingual - helpful, but not required
- Great communication skills (listening, oral and written)
- Enjoys working as part of a highly committed and fun team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Five years' experience as a Staff Accountant in a Manufacturing or Retail Environment or related field
Pay: $40,000 to $60,000/year
Salary commensurate with experience and talents
Job Status: Full Time, Temp to Hire